Monday, November 9, 2009

Round Seven and The Championship Round

Today was the most exciting and most intense day so far. We starting out the day by attending worship services with Riding High Ministries in the Fan Zone area. There was a big crowd, and Todd Pierce had a really good message.

We arrived at the Thomas and Mack Center about 10:45 a.m. The seventh round was awesome, and I had 4 of 5 rides in that round.

The Championship Round featured the 15 riders with the top average score for the Finals, and the 15 rankest bulls. Bones was sick and did not get to compete today.

There were only three rides in the Championship round, McKennon Wimberly, Shane Proctor, and J.B. Mauney. J.B.'s ride was one of the best I have ever seen in person. Kody rode for about 7.4 seconds, but lost his rope on Voodoo Child (one of my bulls). I was so afraid that he would not have enough points to be the World Champion, but after a few minutes of calculations and drama, he was announced as the champ. I was so excited that "my boy" won that I cried happy tears.

Sunday evening we attended the Championship Banquet and watched all of the awards being given out to the riders, stock contractors, etc.. Kody's speech was good, and as usual, he thanked God for His talents and for His protection and blessing.

Though nothing has been announced officially about the Ultimate PBR Fantasy game, I should be declared the winner on the website soon. This trip has been one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me, and the timing could not have been better for winning since I got to be there to see Kody win his first (but not last) World Championship!

We are headed home today, but I will post a few more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment